For statistics, Mamzar Beach Park’s total area is 106 hectares. There are 1600 Palm Trees and 300 Coconut Trees, 5 beaches, and 55000 square meters of green lawns inside Mamzar Park.
Mamzar Beach Park was inaugurated in 1984 in the north east area of Dubai. Very soon, it became one of the most appreciated and popular beach parks in town.
Most of Dubai parks are beachfront parks, and they serve a dual purpose for park-goers. They enjoy the beach activity as well as inside park activity on the same day. Mamzar Park is no exception. This park is located in the Al Mamzar district of Dubai, which is very close to Sharjah and Hor Al Anz and Qusais districts. This park has its own unique character; a swimming pool, chalet for hire, kid’s play areas, and much more.
Mamzar Park is huge and very green. It has plenty of grass areas for picnics and family gatherings. There are separate barbeque area, a must for expats as well as locals. Mamzar Beach Park gets very crowded during weekends and holidays when family, families, and many companies hold their events like picnics, meets, and games. There are young ones who love to play football in the green grassy fields. Some even play cricket too.
If you want to spend one full day in Mamzar Park, then hiring a chalet definitely makes sense. These chalets are very spacious and fully equipped with furniture etc. The chalets are located near activity areas so that even if your kids play outside, they are never far away.
Mamzar Beach Park also has food kiosks and a food court where you can buy tasty snacks, drinks (non-alcoholic), and even gift items. There are various smart cycles, and try that is for hire. Some of the cycles are for the entire family because there are many wheels and many peddle. It is recreational, as well as healthy. The Mamzar Park also has a jogging track for those who are into fitness.
One of the unique things that Dubai Municipality has done recently is to install Smart Trees that are nothing but WiFi beaming devices for the visitors to have WiFi. Even Mamzar Park has many such smart trees. There are many such “smart moves” that you will see in Mamzar park.
The entry fee for Mamzar Park is Aed 5 for anyone above 3 years. Differently-abled people and senior citizens are exempted. Entire Mamzar Park is differently-abled friendly.
Mamzar Park is absolutely dedicated to women and kids on Mondays and Wednesdays. The Mamzar Park sees many activities during these two days from promotional companies who like to offer something or other to promote their products.
Mamzar Park is also very safe due to the constant monitoring from the control room and the Dubai Police department’s visits. However, these controls are non-immersive, and you will also have your own place for fun and entertainment.
Night Swimming is allowed in Mamzar Park from 2019 onwards, and it is up to 10 pm thanks to the Smart Poles that provide enough lighting for the Beach Guards to keep an eye on the swimmers.
As the Mamzar Beach Park has numerous small bays and their artificially created rocky breakwaters. The calm Arabian Gulf water is home to fascinating marine life worth a watch. The abundant marine life is well preserved, and fishing is not allowed. You will get to see thousands of marine crabs scuttling around the rocks while fish nosey around beneath the water’s surface. What’s more, you may also get to see a ray going about its business under the calm water. Snorkeling is allowed, but if you have to get your own kit. But not to worry, the calm water is not too deep. Kids MUST do snorkeling under the watch of elders.
Beach Park Facilities:
- Mamzar Park provides Haris (Special service for People of determination through the provision of the smart wrist band, that allows the parents/ caregivers/ guardians to know where are their kids to avoid cases of loss )
- An arena for holding events and available on hire with full audiovisual equipment
- It is a Smart park, as everything in this park is Smart. Right from Smart Chair, Smart Gate, The virtual world, and Smart Oasis to Smart painting and smart container. This is a huge step forward by the Dubai Municipality to realize the vision of Dubai’s rulers to make Dubai the world’s first 100% smart city. The Mamzar Beach Park has been equipped with VR learning options that will immerse you in a digital experience. This includes a VR experience of planting vegetables and fruit trees for children.
- Al Mamzar Beach Park has also added 10 benches that are smart; they are fully powered by the sun and provide free WiFi and charging stations for phones.
- No wires or cables are required – just sit on the bench and charge your phone.
- Mamzar Beach Park’s beach facilities include Beach Rescue services, swimming pools, and Beach seats with sunshades to avoid harsh sun.
- Mamzar Park has a separate skateboard platform that you can access absolutely free. However, skateboards are not allowed to be used on jogging tracks, etc.,
- There is a separate children’s games area in Mamzar Beach Park. This enthralling area for kids is fully monitored by strategically placed IP Cameras linked to a control room.
- Mamzar Park provides beach sport field services, basketball, football & volleyball fields. These are very popular among the residents as you will find some teams regularly playing matches here.
- Bicycles can be rented, and the rental depends upon the type of Bicycle you want to rent and for how long.
- Special Excursion and barbeque services are available. You may bring your own barbeque kit and use the particular areas labeled as “Barbeque.”
- There are plenty of Restaurants and cafeterias inside Mamzar Park.
- One of the most popular activities in Mamzar Park is the mini train ride. This train is fully friendly and takes you around the park on a specially made track. The train moves at a slow speed so that you can enjoy the landscaped greenery, beach, and much much more.
- To ensure that everyone at the park is breathing in clear, crisp air – the park has added Smart Paint that absorbs carbon dioxide and reduces the air pollution in the area.
- It also has Public facilities services like showers, Toilettes, and clothes changing cabins.
- Plants and horticulture spaces also keep the oxygen level high and make Dubai environmentally friendly.
- There are a lot of facilities for differently-abled people. They have separate parking spaces for them inside that are absolutely free of cost. What’s more, these parking facilities are closest to the gates of entry. There are special toilets everywhere equipped with a support system. Dedicated washing, ablution, and chalet (Chalet number 13, 15) are specifically designed to address their specific needs. This is in line with the Dubai government’s commitment to make recreational facilities like public parks available to all and make them a coming-together place for all family members.
- Mamzar Park also has a huge parking place. This is to ensure that people are encouraged to visit Mamzar Park. The parking area is entirely free, and there are 618 parkings outside the park, 620 parking inside the park, and 10 disabled parking. During the weekends (Thursdays and Fridays) and holidays, the parking gets full very fast as thousands head to Mamzar Park to unwind, Bond, dine and relax.
- There are also many Prayer rooms for the faithful in Mamzar park.
- All the rules and regulations that apply to Beaches are applied here too. These rules are clearly displayed at the entrance of the Mamzar Beach Park.
- Respected clothing is a MUST inside the park. You can be fined heavily if found flouting this rule. As everywhere else, the park is absolutely alcohol and smoking free. Very stiff penalties are applied to the offenders.
Al Mamzar Park Chalets
Chalets are little “modern huts” that will give your family privacy as well as a luxury while enjoying a day out in Mamzar Park. These chalets are available for rent, and Renting Chalets is valid for the whole day during the week as follows:
- On weekdays, i.e., from Sunday to Wednesday, chalets are available from 9 am to 9 pm.
- On weekends, when it is a public holiday, chalets are available from 9 am to 10 pm.
- In Ramadan, chalets are available for rental from 09:00 am to 9:00 pm.
If you’re interested in outdoor activities you must try Desert Safari where you can find the bedouin culture in camp site.
- The big chalet that is suitable for up to 12 adults is pegged at 200 AED/ Day , and if you are a small group of 8 or less, you need to pay only Aed150/= per chalet in Dubai Mumzar Park. Please note that sunbeds to lounge in winter are available in the park at Aed 150/= per day. Small chalet for 8 persons – Service Fees: 150 AED/ Day. Please note that the chalets service fee does not include including parking fees. The parking fees need to be paid separately.
- Train ride service (AED 2 per person). You need to get the tickets early on weekends and holidays to avoid disappointments.
- Mamzar Park provides you the facility of renting the beach cabins: a large cabin for AED 200 and a small cabin for AED 150.
- Swimming pool hourly charges: Adults = AED 10 & Kids = AED 5
- Jet Ski Timing: 9 am to 6 pm. Price for Adults: AED 150 for 30 minutes and AED 250 for 1 hour.
How to reach Mamzar Beach Park
It is located around 6 kilometers from the Al Quiadah metro station. There is a feeder bus service (C28) from the Metro station to Mamzar Park.
You can also check the best parks in Dubai here: